Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Time to Start Anew

So as we all know, the New Year is coming up in a couple days here, and I thought, what better way to get even deeper in touch with my inner dancer than to blog about it? I've tried blogging before but I never really got into it and it was always too broad of topics. This time, I am strictly blogging about my dancing (and theatre) experiences.

But I am getting slightly ahead of myself here. My name is Emma Clark, and I am a dancer. I've been dancing pretty much my whole life. For the earlier part of my life, I was mostly a jazz and tap dancer, but as I've gotten older, I have come to appreciate the art of classical ballet, and that is what I focus on more heavily now. And I absolutely love it!! I have also dabbled in acrobatics, hip hop, and lyrical. My biggest goal in life is, well, actually I have two. One is to be a Radio City Rockette, and the other is to perform on Broadway.

Just recently I peformed in two different productions of the Nutcracker. It was the best three weekends of the year! I'm completely in love with performing. But it really made me realize how important my training is and how much I'm slacking. Which I am going to work on for my New Year's resolutions. They consist of:

-Stretching every day
-Joining a gym and working out at least 3 times a week
-Focusing more on my technique
-Blogging about my dance as much as possible

I think that these are pretty substantial goals that are definitely reachable! And this is the beginning.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment