Monday, January 11, 2010

I Miss You, Dance

So it's been a while since I have posted, and that is simply because I haven't had a chance to dance in a while! My classes at my studio have started back up, but I didn't go last week. But I just want to dance! I have been doing a lot of kitchen dancing and such :) Drama club has been my main dance source lately.

Thanks to my kitchen dancing, I have made an incredible discovery. My center of gravity is completely off. And I have no idea how to fix it! I continually fall out of my pirouettes. So if there are any dancers out there that have some tips, it would be much appreciated! My good friend did give me a few tips that helped a lot, such as shifting my weight farther over my front foot when I'm in my fourth for prep, and shifting my rib cage forward. These did help a lot. Any other fool proof advice?

As far as my flexibility, the daily stretching has certainly made a difference already. I was always flexible and have had a reputation for being able to kick myself in the face, but I'm feeling less strain which is always good. I'm especially working on my back flexibility because I am working towards a stronger arabesque and attitude. They aren't bad, but I'd like to get it above 90 degrees. Again, any tips dancers?

No comments:

Post a Comment