Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Killer Choreography

So for our show for the drama club at my school, my character has a 30 second solo in the opening scene. Me being a dance director took it upon myself to choreograph it. Of course, because of the restrictions of my basement, I had to choreograph most of it without doing it full out. Plus, I stayed home sick yesterday, and choreographed it because I could not sit anymore. So today I tried it on the stage full out for the first time, still under the weather and still exhausted. It was the most strenuous, difficult, and physically demanding 30 seconds of dance that I have ever had to do!!! What is my problem, that I always feel the need to cram insane amounts of choreography into such little amounts of music!!!

So, long story short, I collapsed right there on the stage after falling out of the last turn in the sequence. I don't know what I was thinking when I made that up, I really don't. But let me tell you, being sick, plus staying up til 3 in the morning because you can't sleep, and then doing some of the craziest killer choreography ever equals a very physically and mentally drained Emma. O well, I guess it was all worth it. After all, that's the definition of dancing my heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment